- a cup full of broccoli florets
- a fistful of yellow split mung dal
- a fistful of orange masur dal
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 sprigs of green garlic
- 1/2 a tsp of olive oil
- pepper powder and salt to taste
- A tbsp of chopped spring onion leaves
- optional – 2 tablespoons of minced mixed veggies like carrot, beans and green bell pepper
In a pot, heat oil, fry the onions and chopped garlic, along with its aromatic stems. Then throw in the broccoli, along with the lentils. Fry for another minute. Add 4 cups of water and salt. I, transferred the pot into a pressure cooker, and whistled it for about 5 whistles. Once the soup is out of the cooker, run a blender through it. The result is a creamy frothy slightly green liquid. Yumm!
Add your freshly grounded pepper powder. Garnish with chopped spring onion leaves.
If u need a little bite with your soup( like, how my husband does), add semi sautéed mixture of minced veggies. There! You’re done. Along with toasted garlic bread, this super healthy soup tastes simply divine!