Time for some simple stir fry to have with your daily bread. I have used paneer(cottage cheese). Addition of mushroom enhances the taste. But since I did not have any of the delicious fungii, I made do with all that I had.
- 1 big onion, sliced thinly
- 1 cup colorful bell peppers, julienned
- ½ cup baby corn, julienned
- 1 carrot, julienned
- ½ cup paneer, cut thinly, lengthwise
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-3 green chilies
- 1 tomato, chopped
- ½ tsp turmeric powder(haldi)
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder(dhania)
- ½ tsp dry mango powder(amchur)
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp oil
Parboil the julienned carrots and babycorn. Keep aside. In a pan, heat oil. Once hot, sauté the garlic, onions and green chilies. Throw in the bowl full of colored bell peppers. Sauté on high. Once ¾ th done, add the parboiled carrots and babycorn, along with tomatoes. Sprinkle the turmeric, red chili, coriander powder and salt. Once the veggies are almost done, put in the paneer and mango powder. Give it a final mix. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Serve hot with phulkas/chappathis/rotis.
This stir fry veggie fills your bowl with bright colors and your palette with fabulous flavors and your body with vigor. Tastes great with any type of bread or rice.